PREVENTIVE CARE– Vaccines, Animal Tests, Wellness Exams, Parasite Control
- Canine (Dog)
- DHPP(Plus Corona for puppies)
- Feline (Cat)
-Dogs should be tested for heartworms annually, and all animals tested for intestinal parasites each year. We carry several types of heartworm preventatives. All dogs in our area should be protected against heartworms, and we have a couple of options to prevent heartworms in cats as well.
-Annual wellness exams with blood testing to screen for unseen medical problems is recommended for animals 6 to 7 years and older.
-We also recommend year-round external parasite (fleas, ticks) control-we carry a variety of products to keep pets bug free.
Most of our laboratory tests are in –house, giving us results within a few minutes.
- Heartworm testing
- Feline leukemia/ FIV testing (Cats)
- Fecal exams
- Skin scraping and ear cleaning and cytology
- Complete Blood Counts
- Diagnostic Profiles (internal organ screening)
- Thyroid testing
Laboratory tests performed at outside labs include:
- Biopsies and Cytologies
- Cultures and Sensitivities
- Blood levels of therapeutic drugs